I have some big physical goals for this year. The first one is a half-marathon in Portland on 3/31. To hold myself accountable, I’ll report my progress here every week. For accounting purposes, my week starts on Saturday morning.
If you have goals too, report your progress in the comments!
Update #1 (1/6 – 1/12)
I was laid out this week with a nasty bug. My nose wouldn’t stop running and neither would other parts of my body. Except for my legs. They barely ran at all.
I was tired.
I was delirious (hence this awful post).
I used a lot of toilet paper.
As a result, I have only run on 2 of the past 7 days:
- Runs: 2
- Miles: 6
- Time spent on the toilet due to the nasty bug:
- Longest run this week: 3 miles
- Beers this week: 6 (All at Camp FI. I stopped drinking after it was over.)
- Beers consumed this year: 12
- Beer consumption increase at FI meetups: 100%
- Days until half marathon: 78
- Total miles: 33.5
- Weight: 159 (goal is < 150)
I still don’t have a run over 5 miles under my elastic belt. I’m not worried since I still have two and half months to prepare.
How are you doing on your goals?
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.