Who doesn’t love bucket lists? Mine is a work in progress, but here goes…
- Accumulate a portfolio of $1,000,000: Duh. This is kind of the whole point of the blog. And it’s done.
- Quit my job: Duh. Again. This is kinda what the blog is about. And I did it.
- Drive a ridiculous car: I wish that I could tell you that I’m perfectly adjusted. I guess I could, but I’d be lying. I don’t have many desires, but I like cars. Silly and stupid. Anyway, I bought my dream car, an Acura NSX. Silly as hell, but fun as hell too. Give me a year or two to get it out of my system. And because no one seems to know what the hell an NSX is, here’s a sweet pic:
- Hike a 14er: I’ve done a number of these including Mt. Whitney in California.
- Do 10 pull-ups: Oh yeah, done!
- Raise well-adjusted, successful children: I know what you’re thinking:
Awwwwwwww Mr. 1500, so cute! You have a heart after all!
Be quiet you!
- Live by the water again: In a past and very expensive life, we lived on the water. The sunsets were glorious. I’ll do it again. Some day. Or maybe I’ll just mooch off Physician on Fire.
- Go to all 50 states: In Summer of 2017, I knocked five more out! Only three more to go:
- Alaska: Bears! Salmon!! Mountains!!! Not in winter.
- North Dakota: Not in winter either.
- Rhode Island: Where is this exactly?
- Drive the ridiculous car on the Pacific Coast Highway: My NSX is no garage queen. I drive it all the time, even sometimes when I have nowhere to go. The PCH has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. I will drive the NSX on it.
- Sell the ridiculous car and get a sensible electric one: Driving an electric vehicle is an epiphany. No maintenance. No noise. No gas stations. Brutally fast acceleration. I’ll buy a used Chevy Bolt or Tesla Model 3, probably around 2020.
- See a rocket launch: I’ve always loved everything associated with space. Seeing a launch in person would be awesome.
- Learn how to surf: I went surfing in San Diego in 2016. Besides the part where I felt like I was going to drown, it was a lot of fun!
- Do 100 push-ups: I’ve done 70.
- Write a book: This is a work in progress.
- Get my body fat to under 15%: At the time of this writing (10/2017), I’m at 20.5%. My fitness app calls me chubby. Not good.
- Streak through the local mall: Just kidding. I’m trying to see if you’re still paying attention. In case this is a goal for you though, see here.
- Ride a bicycle across the country: I love bikes. I don’t like sitting at home.
- Sleep like a normal person: I feel like I have no time for sleep, so I don’t. It sucks.
What else should I have on here?
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.