I first met Joel Larsgaard on a hot and steamy night in New Orleans. I was at a blogger conference called FinCon and had rented a creepy old house in the Treme area with friends:
One night, Joel stopped by and we all hung out late into the night.
Joel and I are in very different places now. When I met him, Joel was a producer for Clark Howard. He has since left the show and now has an incredibly successful podcast called How To Money. I have since left my job, invested in a coworking space, and have a podcast of my own. Through it all, Joel and I have remained friends. We don’t see each other often, but when we do, it feels like we picked up right where we left off. I hope it remains this way for as long as we live.
How To Money/ Mile High FI
I had the extreme pleasure of hanging out with Joel and his podcast partner (and best friend) Matt on the How To Money podcast. Have a listen here: https://www.howtomoney.com/house-flipping-achieving-fire-staying-frugal-with-carl-jensen/
And Doug and I interviewed Joel on Mile High FI. Listen here: https://milehighfi.com/podcast/026-how-to-money/
The best part of having a blog is the people I’ve been fortunate enough to meet. They aren’t blog friends or work friends, but friends. The only way my life could be better is if all of these wonderful humans lived near me.
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- EconoMe: Hey look, I’m speaking at EconoMe later this year!
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Other resources I like:
- Camp FIs are amazingly fun! I hope to attend Rocky Mountain and Joshua Tree this year. See you there?
- Need to learn how to invest? The Simple Path to Wealth is all you need.
- New to FIRE? Need some FIREy guidance? Check out Fiology and the accompanying workbook!
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.