Starting on Friday, 4/18, I’m going to attempt to remodel my kitchen in 5 days. With some luck, beer and a lot of hard work, I’ll complete it by 4/22, end of day. Each evening, I’ll document my progress. Here is update #2 (4/19/2014).
Today was a good day:
- We finished tearing out the old cabinets and hung some of the new ones.
- Most of the tile is now torn out.
- I moved the oven gas line and refrigerator water line.
I thought that I’d be a bit farther along actually, but a friend invited me out to a local microbrewery, so I cut out early (the evil siren call of beer). However, I’m still on target to wrap up this work in 5 days, if not before.
- Hours spent today: 8 (total: 14)
- Trips to Home Depot: 1
- Injuries today: 0 (a day without puncture wounds is a happy day)
- Beers consumed: 3 (total: 5)
- Prognosis: Great, things are moving along fast. As long as I can get a line of tile in tomorrow, I’ll be in good shape.
Oh, and for the Mad Fientist, today’s beers were:
- G’Knight Imperial Red Ale (Oskar Blues, Longmont, CO)
- Honker’s Ale (Goose Island, Chicago)
- Hop Abomination (Dry Dock, Aurora, CO)
As long as we’re on the topic of beer, a couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of finding Enjoy By at a local store. This is one fine brew. If you have the means and can find it, I highly recommend picking some up.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.