I originally named this post Lazy Life Update. I put the word lazy in there because the post was going to be an easy one; just a bunch of photos of what we’ve been up to in the 1500 household. But then, I thought that the L-word may give folks the wrong idea. We’ve been anything but lazy over here.
But, this post will still be a lazy one. I take LOTS of pictures and I’ll let them tell most of the story.
Live-In Flip Construction!
Mrs. 1500 and I build our schedules around our children. We work hardest when they’re in school and then lay off the gas during breaks. This means that my home remodeling projects will come to a stop in a little over two months once school is out. This works out well because I wouldn’t want to be working inside when the weather is nice anyway.
Knowing that I have a hard deadline, I’ve been doing loads of work on the house.
First, I remodeled the office. My favorite feature is a desk that folds down so we can fit a queen-sized bed in the room:
I then remodeled the bathroom in 33 hours. See my YouTube channel for a video about the project.
The basement finish it the single biggest project in the home. So far, I’ve:
- Added new ducts for heat/AC (my hands are almost healed)
- Dug out and installed an egress window (my shoulders are almost healed)
- Installed a radon mitigation system
- Dug out the part of the basement floor to access plumbing for a new bathroom
- Installed supply-line plumbing for the new bathroom (I’m almost dry)
This week, I’ll finish the plumbing and start framing.
The basement won’t be done until the fall because we’re not remodeling the kitchen until then. Leaving the ceiling open will allow me to change stuff up in the kitchen should the need arise.
And before summer comes, I’m going to be building a deck next to the pool. Building decks may be my favorite projects. It’s nice to be outside, listening to music or a podcast, and creating.
You can always follow my projects on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/1500days
MMM HQ Coworking!
MMM HQ is a coworking space, but it’s also a place where we hold lots of meetups. Yesterday, we had a family breakfast.
And a couple of weeks ago, we held the Not-A-Valentine’s Day party:
Life is better with community.
Is randomness a word? Hell if I know. And I don’t feel like investigating further, so I’m going with it.
As I get older and the money pile grows ever bigger, I’ve been considering how I’m going to disperse it all. This is a broad topic that deserves a dedicated post, but for now, I randomly give money to people and causes that I believe in:
- A family member has multiple sclerosis, so I donate money every year to medical research.
- I support museums and community resources that my family enjoys.
- Revanche over at a gai shan life is doing great work to help those in need. I sent $100 her way to help with her mission. If you have some spare change lying around, please consider doing the same.
And in between all of that, I don’t miss many opportunities to get outside:
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.