And we made it to Sunriver! But not without a little drama.
The Check Engine light came on somewhere in Idaho. We took the car to an auto parts store for diagnosis and fortunately the problem wasn’t a serious one (bad gas?).
One of the best parts of road trips is stumbling upon something awesome. This is precisely what happened when we got off the highway to go to the auto parts store. We discovered the Perrine Memorial Bridge and the Snake River:
We also found a local buffet which must have known I was coming:
My Longmont friend F.E.N. suggested we visit Shoshone Falls:
We didn’t have much time in Boise, but I liked what I saw:
Finally, we made it to Oregon.
I’m enjoying the slow pace of this trip. I’m a planner, so I have to make an effort not to plan. To put it another way, I have to make an effort not to make an effort! But it’s fun to let life just come to you.
We have some more time in Sunriver before we head to Crater Lake and the California coast.
Life is good.
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.