The girls are on spring break this week, so we got out of town. We flew into Seattle and spent time with friends near Alki Beach.
We then headed north to Friday Harbor.
Longtime readers of this blog know that I’m obsessed with Tesla. I don’t own a Tesla but have thought about buying one. I found a 2013 Model S on Turo with free supercharging that was similar in price to a conventional rental. Despite the age of the car, it’s been a great experience. The controls are intuitive and it’s incredibly fast. I’ve driven fast cars before, but this is the only one where the acceleration scares me.
We’ll head back to Seattle later in the week. Friends of ours are moving from Seattle to Longmont, so I’m going to stay back and help them drive the moving truck. I love road trips and this one should be especially good because I’ll be able to see friends in Boise and Ogden.
Perhaps the greatest reason to pursue FIRE is that it gives you autonomy over your time. I still have schedules to keep since I have children, but most of my time is free to think, read, write, create, or just randomly water around and take silly dinosaur pictures.
Life is good.
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.