Hey, I’ll be in Orlando this week! Perhaps I’ll see you there? Read on!
I started writing this blog to amuse myself. I never thought anyone would read it. I also didn’t care. I liked to write and this exercise would be a way to work through my thoughts on the journey to financial independence.
It took me a while to find my voice. You know when you’re at a party with strangers and you become a different person because you don’t want to come off as weird? That’s how I was. But then, I discovered it was much more fun to act like my silly self. On how many other blogs can you see stupid sh*t like this?:
It’s a lot more fun to be you. Would you rather have someone like the person you pretend to be or actual you? The best person you can be is yourself.
To my surprise, people started reading this blog. That was strange. Even weirder was when we got some love from the media:
But the best part of the whole deal is when people reach out and thank me. Every once in a while, I’ll get an email or comment telling me that my silly words caused them to change the way they think about money. It’s fun to know that my experiment has changed a life here and there. And if you’re just here for the dinosaurs, that’s alright too. Thanks for stopping by.
Mile High FI Podcast
I’ve been putting out a podcast with Doug Cunnington for almost a year and a half. Similar to this blog, I went in with few expectations. My main goal was to improve my verbal communication skills. I tend to talk fast and not enunciate. I thought that a podcast would be a great way to improve my speech while having a little fun.
I don’t like to toot my own horn, but if you haven’t checked it out yet, here are some of my favorite recordings:
- Sabbaticals vs. Early Retirement: In this one, Doug and guest host Carla debate the pros and cons of an all-or-nothing approach to retirement or taking it a little slower. (YouTube)
- JL Collins live at MMM HQ: Sometimes life is so good that I have to pinch myself to make sure it’s real. In this episode, I interviewed JL Collins at MMM HQ in front of a live audience. What did I do to deserve this?!?? (YouTube)
- FI, Real Estate, & Fitness with Jake Simon: Jake is a good friend, FI fan, fitness freak, and all-around outstanding human. (YouTube)
- Live Q&A with Diania Merriam and Maggie Tucker: In a live interview from Camp FI, the discussion touches on living mindfully, getting a spouse onboard the FIRE Train, and much more. (YouTube)
- Live Q&A with Mr. Money Mustache and Alan Donegan: In another live interview from HQ, Pete (MMM!), Alan, and Carl talk about the MMM phenomenon, morning routines, if making money is still motivational, and much more. (YouTube)
FinCon is happening this week. This is an event where content creators in the money space get together to learn, hang out, and have stupid amounts of fun. Mindy, Doug, and I will be in Orlando for the big event. If you happen to be going or are in the area, stop by and say “Hi!”
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.