I’ll bet you’ve never seen a title like that on a blog before. Allow me to explain.
I’ve been pretty busy lately. The Project House is almost ready to become a furnished rental:
I’m still working on leveling out the back yard. When the weather is nice, I’ve been building a retaining wall which involves a lot of digging:
But the fun doesn’t stop there. I’m also finishing up the home that we live in. It’s been a lot of work. Since November of 2019, I’ve:
- built a deck and pergola
- finished the basement and added a bathroom
- remodeled the guest bath
- remodeled the kitchen
- replaced all flooring
- added a hefty solar system
- moved the washer and dryer from the basement to the upstairs
I have one more big project left; the master bathroom which I started a week ago. I’m rearranging everything, so it’s a big job. I’ve already gutted the room. Now, I’m working on electricity, plumbing, and mudding (patching drywall):
I supposedly retired almost 6 years ago in April of 2017. Since then, I’ve been working harder than ever. It’s good work because I get to do it on my own terms and I mostly enjoy it, but it’s been a bit too much. I look forward to finishing up these projects and moving on to other challenges that do not involve construction.
Work is the key to a satisfying life. However, work can take many forms. Post-construction, I’ll be working on playing the keyboard, improving my Spanish skills, and becoming a better speaker. I look forward to retiring, whatever that means.
Life isn’t just about construction. For spring break we’re going to relax. First we’ll fly to Cincinnati for EconoMe. The last EconoMe was a stellar time and I even got to speak. I’ll be hanging out with Doug on Sunday night at Rhinegeist. Hit us up for some Mile High FI swag.
After Cincinnati, we head to NYC to catch a couple of shows and wander aimlessly around Central Park. If y’all have any recommendations for us while we’re in the big city, let me know in the comments or the contact form. I’m partial to mole, pizza, architecture, and long walks. Maybe I’ll see you in Ohio or New York?
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.