I’m training for a half-marathon on 3/31. Running is not my strength. I’m an absolutely horrible runner. But, pushing comfort zones is how we get better in life, so I persist.
Every Friday, I’ll post an update on my training. This is Update #7.
This week wasn’t so hot. I hit a wall and my running suffered. Not good. It’s all my fault:
poor discipline -> staying up too late -> poor exercise habits
Blame It On The Books
I didn’t read many books in 2017 because I was too busy. That’s no fun, so I restarted my reading addiction this year. Here is what I’ve read so far:
- Surely You’re Joking Mr. Feynman: Feynman was a brilliant physicist and a hilarious guy!
- When Breath Become Air: Thought-provoking. Time is so damn precious…
- The Watchmen: Great! Don’t dismiss it just because it’s a graphic novel.
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack: My favorite investing book of all time. I reread it annually.
- Dune: Good, but overrated.
I’m making myself go to bed at 9:30 from now on. Lights out. No exceptions.
This Week In Running
- Runs: 2
- Miles: 7
- Longest run: 4
This Year In Running
- Runs: 27
- Miles per run: 3.65
- Miles: 98.44 (goal is > 150)
- Days until half marathon: 36
2018 Activity (walking included)
- Total steps: 812,486
- Total miles: 387.02
Weight, Heart, Beer
- Weight: 158.0 (goal is < 150)
- Low resting heart rate for the week: 64 (goal is < 60)
- Beers consumed this week: 5
- Beers consumed this year: 37
- Beer ratio: 2.66 : 1 (2.66 miles ran per beer). Goal is > 3 : 1
I’m speaking at the Chautauqua in October. Mrs. 1500 will be in attendance as well:
Bonus #1: She’s not nearly as dorky as me.
Bonus #2: She loves to talk about real estate investing!
Get your ticket! here!
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.