Starting on Friday, 4/18, I’m going to attempt to remodel my kitchen in 5 days. With some luck, beer and a lot of hard work, I’ll complete it by 4/22, end of day. Each evening, I’ll document my progress. Here is update #3 (4/20/2014).
Every day, I make a list of what I want to accomplish. I set high goals for myself, so much of the time, I don’t complete it all. Today was one of those days. I wanted to start laying tile, but it didn’t happen. One of the cabinets caused much, much grief, so the tiling will wait for another day.
I also blame the PoPs just a bit. Mrs. PoP made a comment on day 1 about putting random remarks in the walls. I LOVED this idea and went nuts writing messages in the walls for future remodelers to read. Scroll down to see!
So, here are the stats:
- Hours spend today : 12 (total 26)
- Trips to Home Depot: 1 (2 total)
- Injuries today: 0 (1 total) This amazes me because I’m always hurting myself; 4 broken fingers and counting…
- Beers consumed: 2 (total: 7) This is way out of line for me. I’m moderate with everything in life, so usually 3 beers a week is my max. I’ll tone it back down after this misery is behind me. In the meantime, Oskar Blues is making some money.
- Prognosis: I’m still happy with the progress, despite my lack of tiling today. I have a lot to say about all of this, but more on that later.
I am extremely tired. For some crappy reason, my brain started spinning at 4am this morning. When I wake up, there is no going back to sleep. It’s been a long day, so time to go to bed. Good night everyone and thank you for reading.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.