Budgets Are Sexy was one of the first blogs I discovered when I started my blogging journey. At the time, the author of the blog was J. Money, a mysterious dude who sported strange hair.
I liked J. Money’s style. He wasn’t afraid to write about taboo topics like working as a phone sex operator. He also had a unique voice that wouldn’t have gotten him a gig at the Wall Street Journal but was highly entertaining.
In a lot of ways, J’s writing style informed mine. I didn’t have to be prim and proper. I could talk about whatever I wanted to talk about. I could just be me. Hence dinosaurs!
And there was something else I liked about J, his charitable work. For those of us who have made it, giving back seems like the next step:
- Discover FIRE.
- Save lots of money.
- Quit work.
- Realize that you’ve saved too much.
- Give others who are less fortunate a lift.
I was happy to be able to talk to J about charitable giving and more on a recent Mile High FI episode. Listen:
Or watch on YouTube:
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.