As a kid, my dad was always talking about cars. I learned about Mustangs and Corvettes.
Because I had some really crappy cars, I also learned a lot about working on them. Ford EXP anyone? Oof.
Recently, I went to Los Angeles and one of the reasons was to visit the Petersen Automotive Museum. The Petersen has a spectacular collection of cars. My favorites are the fast ones from my youth and the Petersen did not disappoint.
And I didn’t just see supercars.
The car I was most curious to see was the new Tesla Roadster. Electric cars are the future and the new Roadster will be the fastest car in the world (0-60) when it is released.
I admit that the styling on the Tesla is a little boring compared to the supercars of my past, but electric cars need to prioritize function over form. Aerodynamics are critical to maximizing range.
I realize that my love of cars is a bit ridiculous, but here we are. With that said, I’ll probably never own a fancy car again. My 2003 Honda Element works fine, is cheap to insure, and is useful for hauling crap around.
Experiences like visiting the Petersen are a good way for some of us to scratch our itches. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on silly toys, but I can still look at them or perhaps even rent one for a day.
Anyone out there have a Tesla Roadster reservation? 🙂
More 1500 Days!!!
You can also find me (and the dinosaurs) at:
Mile High FI podcast:
- EconoMe: Hey look, I’m speaking at EconoMe later this year!
- Facebook: Facebook group and page
- YouTube: My channel is mostly devoted to home improvement, but I have some other material coming up soon too.
- Instagram: Pretty pictures of dinosaurs, sunsets, and nail guns!
- Twitter: Spontaneous, often insane, ramblings
- Coworking space: On the surface, MMM HQ is a coworking space. Look a little deeper and you’ll see that we’re really building community. The members of MMM HQ are some of the finest people I know.
Other resources I like:
- Camp FIs are amazingly fun! I hope to attend Rocky Mountain and Joshua Tree this year. See you there?
- Need to learn how to invest? The Simple Path to Wealth is all you need.
- New to FIRE? Need some FIREy guidance? Check out Fiology and the accompanying workbook!
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.