Hey, Ask the Readers is back! Bye-bye 2015! Hello 2016!
I have more plans for 2016 than ever before. I don’t know how I’m going to fit it all in. Off the top of my head, here is just some of the stuff that I have going on:
- Build electric bicycle: All the parts are sitting there waiting for me to have time. I bought a really powerful setup, so this thing should be able to move out. This is my substitute for a motorcycle. I hope Mrs. 1500 bails me out should I cross paths with the law. (Mrs. 1500 note: I’ll consider it…)
- Invest in real estate: We keep trying and we keep failing. Just last week, we bid on a home that was completely disgusting (my type of place!). Unfortunately, there are lot of other weirdos out there who also enjoy cleaning up messes for profit, so we didn’t get it. We will put the pedal to the metal in 2016. In the meantime, look at this creampuff:
- Complete P90X regimen: People keep telling me how wonderful this is, so I acquired the DVDs from Craigslist and will give it a go. Warning!: In the interest of full transparency and in a pathetic attempt to motivate myself through public humiliation, I’ll be posting pictures of my naked torso soon.
- Finish ****ing house remodel: June 2016 will mark the 3 year anniversary of the start of our remodel. I hope to have it finished by then. Last year at this time, I was thinking I’d have it finished by June 2015. I’m really going to do it this time. Really!
- Continue the portfolio rebalance: I’ll continue to shed my individual stocks in favor of funds. I also look forward to socking another $50,000 or so in my solo 401(k)
- March: I’m going to Los Angeles to see my buddy (lies) Charlie Munger at the Daily Journal meeting
- April: Mrs. 1500 and I will be traveling to Omaha to see Charlie again at the Berkshire Hathaway meeting. We also look forward to hanging out with the Penny Planters and the Income Surfer.
- July: The family and I will head to Wisconsin to visit friends and then down to Nashville for a family reunion.
- August: Mrs. 1500 and I will travel to Scotland to visit a certain FIentist.
- September: FinCon!
- October: Ecuador for Jim Collins’ shindig.
- Relax (Mrs. 1500 note: Yeah, right…)
That last bullet point above goes against all of the other ones, but I’m really hoping that 2016 is less busy than 2015. I spent way too much time being tired in 2015.
How about you? What do you have planned for 2016? Tell me about anything:
- Life changes
- Your evil plans to take over the world
Happy New Year everyone!
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.