And the dinosaurs:
Party Time, FIRE Style
There are three, fun parties going on this weekend.
1. Shareholder Meeting
The Berkshire Hathaway meeting may be the ultimate financial meetup:
Where else can you hang out with thousands of millionaires and at least a couple of billionaires? This is the FIRE crowd, OG style.
I love attending the meeting. The energy is intense; like a big rock concert. Buffett’s words are inspirational. And then there is Charlie…
Charlie Munger is the unsung hero of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffett even called him the “architect of the current Berkshire” in one of the shareholder letters a couple of years ago. He’s a polymath and I devour everything that comes out of his mouth (uggh, that doesn’t sound right). In any case, I was standing around the Berkshire exhibition hall a couple of years ago when a golf cart pulled up next to me. In the passenger seat was Charlie! I nearly crapped myself. I was WAAAAAY too intimidated to talk to him, but I did manage to take one very poor picture of him standing in the elevator:
I have two extra passes in case anyone would like to attend. It’s all day on Saturday. Leave a comment or shoot me a note via the contact form if you’d like my extra passes
- Place: CHI Health Center Omaha
- Time: Saturday, May 4: Early! We usually line up around 6 am to get a good seat.
2. Omaha Mustachians
The Omaha Mustachians are hosting a meetup at Blatt Beer after the Berkshire meeting:
- Place: Blatt Beer
- Time: Saturday, May 4: 3:45pm
- More information on MMM forums: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/brk-omaha-meetup-05042019/
3. Real Estate Networking
There is a real estate meetup too:
- Place: Paddy McGown’s Pub
- Time: Saturday, May 4: 6:00pm
- More information on BiggerPockets: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/703059-berkshire-weekend-networking-saturday-evening-6pm
See you in Omaha?
Join the 10s who have signed up already!
Subscribing will improve your life in incredible ways*.
*Only if your life is pretty bad to begin with.